Ortofon Elektro CC Twin Pack
DJ’s all over the world claim very high demands to their professional equipment, among which the cartridges “plays” their decisive part by realizing the scratching, back-cueing, and live artistic performance, as a big part of the show. Reliability and robustness is vital, when the cartridges night after night will have to withstand these demands in environments with extreme soundpressure and vibration.
Scratching and back-cueing impose heavy mechanical stress on the cantilever and its rubber bearing. Therefore, the Ortofon disco cartridges are equipped with cantilevers made from aluminium tube with increased wall thickness. Special attention has also been paid to the attachment of the bearing and the design of the bearing itself. This means that rough treatment will neither damage the cartridge nor degrade its stability.The Ortofon Pro cartridges were the first to combine the unrivalled Ortofon sound quality with the ruggedness that is a must for professional use.
Many years of experience from producing disco cartridges, and a close contact to DJ’s, have resulted in several lines suitable for all tonearms and all amplifiers. The Ortofon disco cartridges are available in ½ inch versions for mounting in standard headshells or in the elegant integrated Ortofon Concorde design – for direct mounting in tonearms with standard sockets. For easier cueing, the nose of all the Ortofon disco cartridges has an extra large cut-out which makes the stylus freely visible from above, and further, the tip of the cantilever is fluorescent.
Details on the Ortofon CC Elektro
Despite its sleek white styling, the Elektro isn’t just another pretty face. Also featuring a reinforced rubber suspension, the Elektro is the perfect hybrid needle for the artist who both mixes and scratches. Enhanced tracking ability and excellent sound quality combine to form a unique balance of form and functionality. With bold, round sound, the Elektro brings your music to life, whether you’re in the club or the studio.
Ortofon CC Elektro Technical Data
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. 7,5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz 1,5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz 25 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz 15 dB
- Frequency range at – 3dB 20-22.000 Hz
- Frequency response 20-15.000 Hz +3 / -2 dB
- FIM distortion at recommended tracking force, DIN 45.542 < 1%
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral 6 µm/mN
- Stylus type Spherical
- Stylus tip radius R 18 µm
- Equivalent stylus tip mass 0,6 mg
- Tracking force range 3,0-5,0 g (30-50 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended 4,0 g (40 mN)
- Tracking angle 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance 750 Ohm
- Internal inductance 450 mH
- Recommended load resistance 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance 200-600 pF
- Cartridge color, body/stylus White/White
- Cartridge weight 18.5 g
- Replacement stylus unit Elektro